Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

2009 here we come! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year! I'm a little late posting this, luckily no longer being a procrastinator is one of my new years goals I'll be working on this year. :) Christmas was so great this year. We started off the festivities by heading to my moms house for Christmas Eve. The night started by lighting Finish candles in my moms front yard. My grandpa, who served two LDS missions in Finland, passed away a few years ago and every year for Christmas the hospice lady, who is now a close friend of the family, comes with her family and does Finish candles in honor of my grandpa. Since grandma was spending Christmas with us they came to my moms house. The candles are made out of snow balls and then they put a candle in the middle. It was so neat! Such a wonderful way to start Christmas. Then we headed inside for some cookies and hot cider my Grandma fixed up.

My cute grandma making the baked goods.

Link checking out the candles.

After that we opened some presents, relaxed for a bit then headed home. After we put Link to bed Landon and I decided we would open our presents that we had for each other, which was fun to do with just the two of us. Then I sat and watched the snow for a while. I loved that it snowed so much on Christmas Eve, (and I loved that we didn't have to travel very far Christmas day) it was like the cherry on top.

Christmas day was filled with visiting family, gift giving and eating...it was excellent. Doesn't get better then family, food and presents!


Link with his Christmas PJ's on. I didn't get a picture of it but it says "merry christmas" on his bum.
Landon's dad brought out the presents in a big red bag with this sweet hat on.

I hope everyone had a wonderful time celebrating the birth of our Savior. We wish you all the best for the new year!

6 comments:

FishinFamily said...

Too cute! I love the picture of you two kissing his cheeks. :D
Those candles are sweet!!

Sherilyn said...

Adorable blog. I love the candle idea. I would love to do that next year. You'll have to give me instructions on how to make them. I love your darling pictures. You are a great photographer, and so is Nikki. Link is getting so big! He is a Q-T.

Shannon said...

I have never seen candles like that and I LOVE them! What a cool thing to do! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas.

Tyler and Kilee said...

Wow, that's a lot of snowballs to make! So cool! I love that my mom and I both post comments around the same time! haha Us Shelley's are night owls. I should be in bed but this is the best time to check blogs! :o)

Mike and Aubrey Asay said...

I'm also a blog procrastinator.... but it was so fun to read your blog! Sounds like Christmas was just as it should be for you guys! :)
Those candles were sweet! I didn't know your family did that! Cute family & tree pics too friend! You are quite the photographer!

Ann Yeaman said...

I've added you to my blog list, did you get my address, or do you still need it? Love your blog by the way.